- This event has passed.
Get Ready for GDPR: A Practical Workshop for Camden Community Groups
Wednesday, February 21 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Have you heard about GDPR? Do you know what you need to do to become GDPR compliant? Or what might happen if you don’t?
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an EU regulation which will come into force on 25 May 2018. Any organisation that collects personal data will be affected by it and failure to comply with the new regulations may result in serious penalties. Nearly all organsiations will have some work to do!
This workshop will help guide you through the key points around GDPR. We will cover the key legal aspects but the workshop will take a more a practical approach to help you apply this to your situation so that you leave the session with the tools you need to help your organisation become GDPR compliant.
We will look at:
- What is GDPR and how does it differs to the current Data Protection Act;
- An overview of the legislation, including legal bases for processing personal & sensitive data and the conditions for obtaining consent from individuals, as well as rights of individuals under the new Act.
- How to apply the theory into a practical action plan of what your organisation needs to do to become GDPR compliant e.g. data audit, documentation, lawful & legal bases, consent, training etc.
- Provide tools & templates to help you manage the transition to GDPR, and how to implement plans for ongoing compliance.
- Where to find online resources and further guidance if you need it.
To book a place:
The session is free for Camden groups.
To book a place please sign up for a ticket below.