- VOLUNTARY ACTION CAMDEN – TRUSTEE VACANCIES - VAC supports individuals and groups to get involved in civil society, develop ways of sharing resources and have a positive impact on the quality of life in Camden. We are looking for individuals who have previous experience of being a trustee, an enthusiastic appreciation and understanding of Camden’s community sector and who want to see the sector thrive in the coming years.
What does the Executive Committee do?
VAC is managed by an Executive Committee which is elected annually. Executive Committee Members are nominated by VAC Members in accordance with the requirements of the Memorandum and Article of Association (our governing document).
The Executive Committee is VAC’s governing body and sets the overall strategy and direction of the organisation. They also hold responsibility for are responsible for the efficient and lawful governance of charities and not-for profits. It employs a paid Executive Director to oversee the daily management of the organisation and to deliver the organisation’s aims and objectives.
Some of the roles of a trustee include:
- To ensure that the charity remains true to its mission and values
- To determine its strategy
- To act as the point of final accountability for its actions and those of its representatives and staff
- To safeguard its assets
Whilst Trustees often bring a wealth of skills and experience to the table, becoming a Trustee or Board Member often has unexpected benefits, for example, gaining extra skills, aiding professional development and networking with colleagues.
Who are VAC’s Trustees?
VAC’s Executive Committee comprises 14 individuals (eleven trustees and three observers) with experience of working in the voluntary and community sector. They have considerable knowledge of the borough of Camden and the needs and concerns of local residents. Together they bring to VAC a wide range of skills and expertise, from communications to community development, senior management, human resources, strategic planning and financial services.
- Brian Parker
- Gaynor Humphreys
- Harunur Rashid
- Julie Christie Webb
- Sarah Elie
- Sue Wilby
- Yeshi Abay
- Cllr Georgia Gould (Observer)
- Cllr Abi Wood (Observer)
Would you like to join our Executive Committee?
If you feel you have something to offer VAC as an Executive Committee Member then we would love to hear from you. Executive Committees are elected annually and you must be a VAC Member to stand.
For information relating to governance or becoming a trustee, please contact:
Kevin Nunan | Office Manager
Tel: 0207 284 6557 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org