VAC helps turn ideas into realities by helping to setup and develop community groups that address local needs and challenges. Providing the organisation you want to setup or develop is either based in or mainly serves Camden residents, VAC offers free or low-cost, one-to-one advice and ongoing support.
A range of support is on offer including help with:
- Clarifying project aims and objectives
- Picking a suitable legal structure e.g. charity, social enterprise, community interest company etc.
- Writing a constitution
- Setting up and registering as a charity, social enterprise or other legal entity;
- Recruiting and running a management committee
- Looking for funding and 121 assistance on writing a funding application
- Developing a business strategy and writing a business plan
- Finding premises from which to work
- Implementing systems and policies
- Training courses for staff, volunteers and trustees (accredited and non-accredited)
For further details of the many things VAC can help you with, please visit our Group Development Service page.
What happens when you contact VAC for support?
When a group first contacts VAC and asks for support we ask for some further information about your support needs and then discuss the request at a fortnightly “Clearing House” meeting. At this meeting the group is allocated a key worker. The key worker then contacts the group and agrees on the work that needs to be done.
We are not a new group but do need support – can VAC still help?
Providing your organisation is based in Camden, or primarily serves Camden residents, you can contact VAC for support. Often the support needs of new groups are quite different to those already established but we work with both new and older groups – small and large! We also help some larger organisations who are able to pay on a consultancy basis and provide consultancy services to organisations not based in Camden or serving Camden communities.
What if VAC cant help?
VAC works in partnership with a number of other Camden-based infrastructure organisations. Our partners can offer support and advice around volunteering, business planning, disability, funding, community-based action, education and training. Where we are unable to assist we aim to refer you to one of our partners for support instead, or signpost you to other local services. You can find our more about the Camden Partnerships on the OneCamden Portal website.
How do we get some help?
The fastest way to get support is to submit an enquiry via our Clearing House Web Enquiry Form. Alternatively you can contact us by phone, email or in person.
Tel: 020 7284 6553 (Typetalk: 18001-020 7284 6553)