VAC has achieved significant successes in delivering a range of services and activities for civil society organisations both within Camden and across other boroughs.
On this page we set-out our long-term goals and how and why we want to achieve them. If you are looking for an overview of what VAC does then please take a look at an overview of our work.
‘To work with local residents, community groups and organisations to develop and support a vibrant civil society that underpins a high quality of life in Camden and the surrounding areas’
To achieve this VAC has three strategic aims and three strategic outcomes.
- To support and empower, individuals, groups and communities to become actively involved in civil society, particularly those that are socially excluded.
- To develop opportunities to share good practice and provide access to high quality resources to maximise the efforts of individuals, groups and local communities to achieve their objectives.
- To coordinate the diverse voices of individuals and civil society organisations to enable them to lobby and campaign and have a positive impact on wider agendas.
- Social cohesion and a sense of belonging are increased as established and new communities are empowered to take responsibility for their health, economic contribution, welfare and integration.
- Communities, civil society organisations and individuals are empowered to collaborate across boundaries, present their views to external bodies and play an integral part in decision making and the design and delivery of services.
- Communities become more sustainable and resilient as individuals and civil society organisations are able to identify needs and take steps to effectively meet those needs and enrich community life.
In the period 2013 to 2016 VAC’s priorities are:
• The building of community resilience and community links by facilitating and supporting access to the skills and resources individuals and civil society organisations need to flourish against the back drop of austerity.
• The delivery of quality information, through a range of communication channels, to support individuals and organisations to respond to changing demands, influence policy, campaign and advocate for their rights.
For any queries relating to any aspect of VAC’s work, please contact the Building Administration team:
Tel: 0207 284 6553 | Email: email@example.com