Our Training Portfolio is designed to meet the specific needs of voluntary and community groups and local residents interested in community issues.
Whether you are just starting out and need some skills to help you setup a new community group, or you wish to develop and build on your existing skills and experience, our training portfolio caters for all. We offer training aimed at the voluntary and community sector for staff, volunteers and trustees from civil society organisations, statutory bodies and the private sector, as well as to local Camden residents. VAC provides most courses directly but in some cases works in partnership with other organisations. Our current training portfolio includes the following:
- Business Start-up for Social Enterprise, Micro Enterprise, Sole Trader (Blackfriars only) – 5 days £67/23 ( in partnership with Mary Ward)
Funding & Income Generation
- Funding Seminars
- Meet the Funders
- Writing Grant Applications
- Governance in the Voluntary and Community Sector – 6 evenings £80/28 once a year ( in partnership with Mary Ward)
- Trustees’ Week (in Nov)
- Safeguarding (Introductory, Advanced & Customised)
- Health and Safety (basic and risk assessment) ( in partnership with London Hazards)
Leadership & Project Management
- Coaching And Mentoring Introduction – 3 evenings £33/12/0 Quarterly (Some at Blackfriars) ( in partnership with Mary Ward)
- Award In Mentoring Skills – 12 evenings £210/124/0 ( in partnership with Mary Ward)
- Project Management Starter – 3 evening £33/12/0 6 per year (some at Blackfriars) ( in partnership with Mary Ward)
- Project Management Cert (APM) – 6 evening ££320/174/0 6 per year ( in partnership with Mary Ward)
Policy Seminars and Briefings
- Social Prescribing (ad hoc community seminars and events)
- Environmental Justice (ad hoc community seminars and events)
To view our courses by date, please take a look at the online Training Calendar.
Training is delivered as scheduled in our Training Calendar. If you are looking for one-to-one support or training tailored to your specific needs then we can offer all training in-house or on a consultancy basis, upon request. If you can’t find the training you want, or if you would like to talk to us about in-house training, tailored to meet the needs of your organisation, please get in touch with us using the details below.
Book a Place
To book a place on any of the courses listed on the Training Calendar either scroll down to “Website: Eventbrite.com” and follow the website to a online form or contact Ricky on email@example.com
If you want to discuss availability of places or find out more about any of the courses listed, contact the named VAC staff member as appropriate to each course.
Tel: 020 7284 6550 (Typetalk: 18001-020 7284 6556) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org