This guidance from the Charity Commission explains what’s required of a charity trustee, including your responsibilities to your charity.
- what trustees do
- who can be a trustee and how trustees are appointed
- their legal responsibilities
- specific trustee roles of chair and treasurer
You should read this guidance if you are:
- a trustee of any charity based in England or Wales
- thinking about setting up a charity or becoming a trustee in England or Wales
For a briefer overview, see Charity trustee: what’s involved (CC3a).