Cinnamon Network makes it as easy as possible for local churches to serve those people who are most at need in the community. Whilst this document has been compiled with churches in mind, the basic premis of setting up a community project is still useful reading for those new to community project work and setting up a community organisation.
The guidance covers:
- What are the needs of your community?
- What are the resources and assets of the church?
- What need, or needs, are you going to address?
- Are you going to use an best practice or a bespoke project?
- What finances are required to launch and how will they be raised?
- How will the project become financially sustainable?
- What volunteers are needed, and how are they going to be recruited, trained and managed?
- What other resources are going to be needed? Such as venue, equipment etc.
- Who are the key stakeholders and how are you going to communicate with them?
- What are your next steps?