Camden Council launched an eight week engagement on Tuesday 19th May at Senate House. The event was attended by over 60 representatives from Camden’s sector.
The Council is seeking VCS views on alternative approaches to developing a new grants programme for the sector.
Four options are proposed for comment which range from improving the current mixed-funding model to a more radical collective impact approach, co-ordinating a partnership around a geographic area or a theme.
The sector’s views will be used to develop a preferred approach that is likely to be a mix of the options.
The council is also organising with VAC a series of evening and lunch-time drop-in sessions across the borough the week of the 8th June.
Five informal sessions have been arranged to enable staff and trustees of VCS organisations to explore the options in the engagement paper ‘Investing in a Sustainable Strategic Relationship’ further.
These run for a week from June 8th at various locations across Camden. Staff from both Camden Council and Voluntary Action Camden will be available.
- West Euston Partnership: Monday 8th in the evening so 5.30 to 7.30pm
- VAC: Tuesday 9th Lunchtime 12-2pm
- VAC: Thursday 11th evening 5.30-7.30pm
- Holborn Library Training Room: Wednesday 10th June lunchtime 12-2pm
- Abbey Community Centre: Friday 12th lunch time 12-2pm