- This event has passed.
An Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Part 1
21 September 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Part 1: (21st September)
2. What is the GDPR?
3. What is Personal Data?
4. Key Roles
5. Data Processing Principles
6. Lawful basis for Processing
8. Data Subjects’ Rights
Part 2: (28th September)
1. Privacy Notice
2. Subject Access Request (SAR)
3. Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
4. Incident Response & Data Breach Management
5. Demonstrating Compliance
7. Key Takeaways
8. Useful Resources
By the end of the course, attendees will have a basic understanding of the following;
• Data Protection Law – UK GDPR
• Personal Data
• Data Protection Principles
• Privacy Policies/Notices
• Your Data Protection Rights
• Lawful basis for processing
• Data retention
• Information Asset Register
• Records of Processing Activities
• Managing data breaches
• Handling Subject Access Requests
• How to protect personal data within your role
• Key roles – Data Controller versus Data Processor, Data Protection Officer, Supervisory Authority
John Adegoke, CIPP/E
Data Protection and Privacy Specialist
Accomplished professional with hands on experience and expertise in developing, implementing and managing data protection, information governance and privacy programmes, assuring compliance; an advocate for security and privacy by design principles. A fully qualified and Certified Information Privacy Professional specialising in the EU/UK General Data Protection Regulations.
Extensive experience spanning over 20 years working in the Private, Charity and Social Enterprise Sectors.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.