- This event has passed.
Introduction to Cyber Security and Keeping your Systems Safe
7 September 2021 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Cyber attacks to charities with an income under 100k went from 13% in 2018 to 19% in 2019. That cost an average of £9,470 to charities that lost data or assets after breaches. (Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2019, conducted for the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport). This session will introduce you to the fundamentals of cyber security, best practice, the 2021 threat landscape, and give you practical, actionable information on how to protect you and your charity from cyber criminals.
- By the end of the session, attendees will have learnt:
- How to ensure that the devices they use conform to best practice;
- Antiviruses, firewalls, spam filters;
- What to look out for when receiving suspicious emails;
- Social engineering;
- Common fraud;
- Where to find more in-depth advice and guidance.
A director of Blue Lizard, a social enterprise providing IT services to charities, Esther Regenwetter has over 20 years’ experience in the IT industry. Having spent time both in the commercial and public sectors, she settled early on for the third sector and has a keen interest in protecting charities from criminals.
Contact email@example.com for more information.