- Applications are warmly invited for the role of Chair of Trustees of Voluntary Action Camden (VAC). - VAC is seeking a new Chair to lead the organisation through a significant time of change in support of the borough’s voluntary and community sector as it emerges from, and continues to manage, the impact of the pandemic on the diverse communities we serve. VAC is the strategic infrastructure organisation for the sector enabling it […]
What does the Board of Trustees do?
VAC is managed by a Board of Trustee which is elected annually. Members of the Board of Trustees are nominated by VAC Members in accordance with the requirements of the Memorandum and Article of Association (our governing document).
The Board of Trustees is VAC’s governing body and sets the overall strategy and direction of the organisation. They also hold responsibility for are responsible for the efficient and lawful governance of charities and not-for profits. It employs a paid Executive Director to oversee the daily management of the organisation and to deliver the organisation’s aims and objectives.
Some of the roles of a trustee include:
- To ensure that the charity remains true to its mission and values
- To determine its strategy
- To act as the point of final accountability for its actions and those of its representatives and staff
- To safeguard its assets
Whilst Trustees often bring a wealth of skills and experience to the table, becoming a Trustee or Board Member often has unexpected benefits, for example, gaining extra skills, aiding professional development and networking with colleagues.
Who are VAC’s Trustees?
VAC’s Board of Trustees comprises 10 individuals (8 trustees and 2 observers) with experience of working in the voluntary and community sector. They have considerable knowledge of the borough of Camden and the needs and concerns of local residents. Together they bring to VAC a wide range of skills and expertise, from communications to community development, senior management, human resources, strategic planning and financial services.
- Gaynor Humphreys
- Julie Christie Webb
- Hilary Barnard
- Tim Holt
- Kathy Elliott
- Chikwaba Oduka
- Cassandra Austen
- Tricia Richards
- Arvinda Gohil
- Harry Graham
- Cllr Nasim Ali (Observer)
- Cllr Richard Cotton (Observer)
Would you like to join our Board of Trustees?
If you feel you have something to offer VAC as a Trustee then we would love to hear from you. The Board of Trustees are elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and you must be a VAC Member to stand. The Board have powers to co opt members between AGMs.
To find out more in the first instance contact Kevin Nunan, Executive Director, for further information: email@example.com
For information relating to governance or becoming a trustee, please contact:
Kevin Nunan | Executive Director
Tel: 0207 284 6557 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org