We provide employment advice and support to Management Committee members, employees or managers with responsibility for staff management and personnel practice.
Being a voluntary organisation ourselves, we understand the particular problems voluntary organisations can face. We welcome queries about any employment issue, and where we cannot help you we will signpost you to other services.
Some of the areas we most commonly help with include:-
- Contracts of Employment
- Employment status
- Health and Safety
- Job evaluation
- Part-time workers
Our service is free and confidential, and tailored to meet the needs of organisations and individuals. We work flexibly so that we provide support in a way that works for any organisation, large or small, whether well-established, or new and just starting out. You can find out more about eligibility for free advice on our website.
You can access our help:
- Over the telephone or by email
- At one or more meetings at a time and place that suits you
- Via written HR briefings on policy and practice issues
Following the success of our Target HR Project (which ended in 2014) VAC has developed the Expert Critical Friend Package, which provides 3.5 hours of HR support for £150. This can be delivered in a number of flexible ways.
From experience we know that in this amount of time effective HR support can be given, when it has a focus. It might be used in a number of ways:-
- A face to face meeting – to discuss recent major changes in employment law or review a core contract or policy, or to discuss the organisation’s current HR concerns – leaving enough time for the HR advisor to work on your documents or summarise advice before or after the meeting.
- or two face to face meetings in a year with minimal preparation or follow-up work
- Support to deal with a more urgent HR issue, through an initial meeting or phone call to discuss options and devise a plan, followed by shadowing support from the HR advisor
- A facilitated workshop for managers and/or trustees
Users told us they valued the way we deliver HR support because:-
- We understand how voluntary organisations work and see the bigger picture
- We aim to identify potential problems before they occur
- We understand that organisations need help on the small things
- We value face to face meetings and provide tailored support
- We are keen to work with trustees
- We know how scarce resources are
Tel: 020 7284 6557 | Email: email@example.com