VAC supports the sector to connect with and influence strategic decision making. In the past this has been through bodies like the Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) and related boards. As the landscape has changed VAC has worked with the public sector to adapt to change and continue to build relationships, collaborations and local VCS voice.
The key strategic areas we work in are:
By clicking on the links above you can find out about:
- The purpose of the board / partnership i.e. it’s role and why it was set up;
- VAC’s involvement with the board / partnership and the benefit of this for local groups;
- How local voluntary and community groups can get involved with each partnership;
- How information passes between the board and local VCS;
- What recent work VAC has been doing with each board / partnership.
Our work within these strategic areas includes:
We initiate and support consultation processes that are inclusive and meaningful through consultation exercises, facilitating engagement with statutory consultations and intelligence gathering (top-down from strategic/partnership boards and bottom-up through our close ties, working with organisations).
We facilitate civil society organisations’ participation and self-advocacy in partnerships and other multi-agency structures through advocacy work, being on partnership bodies and advisory boards and by identifying threats and opportunities at a strategic level to feed back to the organisations, individuals and communities we work with.
We support and empower individuals, groups and communities to present their views to external bodies and play an integral part in decision-making and the design and delivery of services. We also communicate, advocate and lobby for the common and diverse interests of the sector.
Kevin Nunan, Interim Executive Director
Tel: 020 7284 6557