The Camden and Islington IT and Digital Capacity Building Program is a joint venture between Voluntary Action Camden (VAC), Voluntary Action Islington (VAI) and the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists (WCIT). For the purpose of this document, this venture is referenced as “we”.
The objective of this work is to develop “good practice” for IT and digital and to bring interested individuals from Camden and Islington together in a digital network to share, learn from and support each other on IT and digital issues.
The program is primarily focused on:
- delivering workshops on IT and digital topics
- producing factsheets of “good practice” on IT and digital topics
- setting up an IT and Digital network for Camden and Islington voluntary and community groups.
What Data Do We Collect
In order to provide groups in Camden and Islington with the right support, we may ask groups participating in the project for the following data:
- Contact Name
- Email Address (work and / or personal)
- Name of organisation
- Location (Camden or Islington)
Occasionally we may ask for more detailed information about your IT and support needs, but this is not personal data and we only ask for it in order to provide you with the relevant level of service and support, and to help shape and evaluate the programme. We are collecting personal data under the “legitimate interest” legal basis.
Who Has Access to Your Data and How is it Used
As a collaboration between VAC, VAI and WCIT, your personal details may be shared between any of these partners. This is for the purpose of:
- Understanding your support needs and how we can best meet these needs.
- Identifying trends about specific need in Camden vs. Islington.
- For monitoring and evaluation purposes. If we share this information with funders it will be anonymized and in aggregate.
Our Commitments to Data Protection
We (VAC, VAI and WCIT) follow the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- we do not collect more information than is necessary;
- we do not use your data for purposes other than those specified;
- we do not keep your data if it is no longer needed;
- we do not share your data with third parties, unless where we have a requirement to do so. We will always let you know if this is the case.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that we hold on you
- Correct any information that we hold on you
- Delete any information we hold on you
- Restrict further processing of any information we hold on you
For further information, please contact: