We have gathered together on this page a selection of briefings and links to a number of websites and online resources that we think you might find useful in your fundraising and income generation efforts.
Resources, briefings and toolkits
This series of factsheets from the Big Lottery Fund give a useful overview of different stages of planning that can help you fundraise effectively. They cover both project planning (planning for particular pieces of work you want to fund) and organisational planning (planning for your wider organisation and its funding needs). If you come across others that you find helpful, why not let us know so that we can add them.
- Getting Started
- Establish Need
- Project Planning
- Setting Budget
- Business Planning
- Legal Issues
- Partnership Working
- Funding in the Recession – a briefing
- Making Better Funding Applications – a briefing
This series of factsheets and Infographics from Grantfinder give a useful overview of fundraising with social media and working with business.
- Business_Funding_Outlook_2015_429: Idox’s Business Funding Outlook examines some of the issues businesses are facing in the current economic climate, the role of organisations (such as local authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Business Improvement Districts) in helping them to identify and access support in line with their key priorities, and the types of support available to help them achieve success
- The_Funding_World_and_Social_Media_260: The Funding World and Social Media is a free GRANTfinder guide offering information that can support your funding search, help you develop a web presence and improve your chances of winning funding.
Sources of Statistics and Evidence
In 2017 the Ham and High published 5 maps showing how rich and poor live next door to each other in Camden. You can access the article here.
The data was taken from a government source called Indices of Deprivation. You can explore the interactive map here.
Datashine is a useful website which takes the data from the last census (2011) and maps it locally.
Camden Council have produced profiles for Neighbourhood areas which you can find here.
The audit commission produced
A brief profile of the borough from Camden Council can be found here.
Other Useful resources
- Festivals and Street Parties Resources
- Funding Sources pages on our website: will help you find suitable places to look for funding.
- Our training at VAC: Keep an eye on our E-bulletin/Newsletter, any info regarding training and workshops will be there, or contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OneCamden: is a new portal to help you access Voluntary and Community Sector support in Camden.
- Funding updates: Camden Council’s capacity building bulletin, include information on current tenders for services advertised on Camden’s website.
- Advice: NVCO’s (National Council for Voluntary Organisation) useful advice and support on funding and finance (as well as other useful info.)