We have produced a child safeguarding information pack for voluntary and community organisations with useful advice, tips and contact information to help groups in their work to keep children safe and well.
Click on the link for the Guide to Developing a CP Policy within all Services and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If safeguarding children is a part of your work, you might find the following links to other organisations’ websites useful:
- www.cscp.org.uk (LB Camden Safeguarding Board)
- https://helpline.barnardos.org.uk/ More information can also be found by clicking here (Barnardo’s Boloh Helpline)
- www.londonscb.gov.uk/ (London Safeguarding Children Board)
- www.ecpat.net/ (End child prostitution and trafficking children for sexual exploitation)
- www.afruca.org (Africans Unite Against Child Abuse)
- www.missingpeople.org.uk (Missing people)
- https://nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/what-we-do/crime-threats/modern-slavery-and-human-trafficking (United Kingdom Human Trafficking Centre)
- https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/ (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre)
- https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/projects/childrens-advice-project/ (Refugee Council Children’s Panel)
- www.nspcc.org.uk (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)
- https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ (Children’s Online / offline protection)
- Camden Safeguarding Children Partnership Board: CSCP – Covid-19: Multi-agency safeguarding service delivery update – 22 April 2020
Protecting Children In The Community: Safeguarding Podcasts
In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic and the various queries being received from Camden’s diverse and extensive BME communities, organisations and faith groups; Voluntary Action Camden’s Community Safeguarding Partnership, introduce this series of podcasts in extension to the Protecting Children In The Community training programme.
If you have any safeguarding queries or questions in relation to the information in the podcast please email VAC’s Safeguarding Lead, Dianne Carlton-Ogunyemi at: email@example.com.
See useful links / resources above that may assist you in training, supporting and delivering services. Stay Safe All
- Community Conversations Podcast: Covid-19 and Vaccine HesitancyAs part of our Health Inequalities Network’s partnership with Camden Healthwatch and NHS GP Services, Dianne Carlton-Ogunyemi talks to Dr Daniel Beck, GP Partner from Swiss Cottage Surgery and Chair of the CHE GP Federation. Together they discuss some of the current concerns around vaccine hesitancy, the importance of speaking to your GP if you need ...
- Private Fostering Podcast Jan 2021Private fostering is an arrangement where a child or young person under the age of 16 is looked after full time for more than 27 days by an adult who is not their parent, step-parent, grandparent or legal guardian. As part of our Protecting Children in the Community Podcast series, VAC’s Safeguarding Lead Dianne Carlton-Ogunyemi talks ...
- Out of School Setting PodcastPodcast Link between VAC’s Safeguarding lead Dianne Carlton-Ogunyemi, Suzie Yassin and Jane Murphy from Camden can be found here The National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education (NRCSE) is a strategic and support organisation for community-led supplementary schools and the wider community education sector across England. We are a national champion for excellence, innovation and partnership in ...
- Safeguarding interview series 2: National Centre for Domestic Violence.10.06.2020Anyone can be a victim of Domestic abuse, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexuality or background. With shocking statistics revealing that domestic violence has surged nationally since the start of the corona-virus lockdown, VAC’s Safeguarding Lead talks to Brian Reilly, Training manager at the National Centre for Domestic Violence.
- COVID-19: National FGM Centre PodcastIn our first series of interviews, VAC’s Safeguarding Lead talks to Leethen Bartholomew, Head of The National FGM Centre, about the rise in Domestic Violence and child neglect cases, emerging stories of faith groups promoting and selling Covid-19 protection and miracle cures and the recent data that black, asian and ethnic minorities are being dis proportionally effected by Covid-19.
Dianne Carlton-Ogunyemi | Community Partnership Advisor
Tel: 020 7 284 6575 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org