Partnership between VAC and Schools in Camden
VAC is currently working in partnership with the following schools in Camden by providing a Home School Link Worker in each of them to support identified community groups, Bangladeshi and Congolese:
- Haverstock Secondary School
- La Sainte Union Catholic Secondary School
- Parliament Hill Secondary School
- William Ellis Secondary School
This worker is:
- providing in-classrooms support alongside teachers to identified pupils
- providing academic and pastoral support for individual/groups of pupils
- supporting identified parents and Home –Schools links
- organising and facilitate parent workshops and information sessions
- translating/interpreting at meetings when required.
The Home School Link Worker works alongside school staff, parents and pupils as a cultural bridge between home and school in order to improve the achievement of Bangladeshi and Congolese children. They are working with school staff to raise awareness on issues affecting the pupils’ achievement and help them develop strategies to address them. With parents, they are enabling them to better support their children’s learning through informative group workshops on UK education system. In addition, additional support may be available to families experiencing difficulties.
They help the pupils to reach their full potential through group discussions on any issues surrounding their learning and develop ways to overcome barriers to achievement. One to one support is also available.
For more information on the Home School Link area of work, please contact:
Building Administrator Team
T: 0207 284 6550 | E: email@example.com