This project was part of the Lifelong Learning Programme. VAC contributed on the Financial Literacy side of the Peer Mentoring project.
VAC has expertise in both Peer Mentoring and Financial Literacy and therefore shares its learning and best practice with all the partners in this project. The project has now ended. More information is available on the EU partners website, www.peer-mentoring.eu.
LATEST: Our partner EU delegates and VAC staff and Peer Mentors at County Laois, Ireland Meeting in May 2014. More photos in the Photo Album below.
HELP Project (How to Educate Learners through Peer-mentoring)
VAC has been working with five partners on a European project on Peer Mentoring:
- FRANCE – CFPPA du CHER, Bourges
- GERMANY – Ottilie Schoenewald Weiterbildungskolleg der Stadt, Bochum
- GREECE – Second Chance School of Mytilene
- IRELAND – Adult Learning Centre, County Laois VEC
- SPAIN – CEPA Güímar, Tenneriffe
This is a Grundtvig Lifelong Learning Project –
How did it work?
Some learners who attended our Better Governance Training Programme and completed the Introduction to Teaching & Learning Course were given opportunities to co-train on Financial Management courses delivered at VAC. Some learners were given the opportunity to attend the Introduction to Coaching & Mentoring Course including Peer Mentoring course at VAC.
There are now mentors mentoring trustee learners on governance and financial literacy. The Trustees Peer Mentors on the Better Governance course are now mentoring their peers who attended the course on financial management.
Peer Mentoring Workshops
As part of this project, VAC developed workshops for the partners to familiarise them in how Peer Mentoring was working locally with our adult learners. VAC also developed materials and a teaching programme on Financial Management which the partners can then use for their teachers/trainers who are currently working with adult learners who are socially excluded, migrants and refugees.
Activities so far
- EU Partners Meeting in Port Loais, Ireland in May 2014 – check out the photo album of the meeting in Ireland!
- Financial Management Training to Trustees and Staff at Home Start Camden on 24th March 2014.
- EU Partners Meeting in London, UK in February 2014 – check out the photo album of the event!
- Financial Management Training for learners on 28th November 2013.
- EU Partners Meeting in Spain in November 2013.
- Introduction to Coaching & Mentoring including Peer Mentoring for learners on 11th October 2013.
- EU Partners Meeting in Germany in July 2013
- Introduction to Coaching & Mentoring includin.g Peer Mentoring for learners on 17th May 2013.
- Budgeting For Your Projects (Finance) workshop for learners on 2nd May 2013.
- EU Partners Meeting in Mytilini, Greece in April 2013.
- EU Parnters Meeting in France with all partners in October 2012.
- Introduction to Coaching & Peer Mentoring Workshop including Peer Mentoring on 28th November 2012.
- Financial Management training for Trustees (board members of community groups/organisations) on 11th December 2012
- Peer Mentoring interventions started in January 2013 and continuing till present with learners attending Better Governance Training Programme.
- Over 150 Peer Mentoring interventions recorded in Reflective Journals.
More information is available on the link below: