Target HR was established towards the end of 2009 with the help of Big Lottery funding and ran for 5 years.
The project has now finished. In its place VAC will be offering a new service – ‘The Expert Critical Friend’ a package of 3.5 hours support at a cost of £150.
Voluntary Action Camden has been providing HR advice and support to small voluntary organisations through the Target HR project for five years and previously ran an HR advice service for nearly 20 years. In the last five years alone we helped 225 organisations.
To take advantage of this quality support we have developed the Expert Critical Friend Package, which provides 3.5 hours of HR support for £150, which can be delivered in a number of flexible ways. From experience we know that in this amount of time effective HR support can be given, when it has a focus. It might be used in a number of ways:-
- A face to face meeting – to discuss recent major changes in employment law or review a core contract or policy, or to discuss the organisation’s current HR concerns – leaving enough time for the HR advisor to work on your documents or summarise advice before or after the meeting.
- or two face to face meetings in a year with minimal preparation or follow-up work
- Support to deal with a more urgent HR issue, through an initial meeting or phone call to discuss options and devise a plan, followed by shadowing support from the HR advisor
- A facilitated workshop for managers and/or trustees
Users told us they valued the way we deliver HR support because:-
- We understand how voluntary organisations work and see the bigger picture
- We aim to identify potential problems before they occur
- We understand that organisations need help on the small things
- We value face to face meetings and provide tailored support
- We are keen to work with trustees
- We know how scarce resources are
Evaluation of HR services at VAC
- An independent evaluation of our third year’s work has now been completed. You can download the summary of the evaluation report.
- An independent evaluation of our second year’s work has now been completed. You can download the summary of the evaluation report.
You can also check out our other helpful pages on:
Tel: 020 7284 6557 (Typetalk: 18001-020 7284 6557)