VAC is seeking a new Chair to lead the organisation through a significant time of change in support of the borough’s voluntary and community sector as it emerges from, and continues to manage, the impact of the pandemic on the diverse communities we serve.
VAC is the strategic infrastructure organisation for the sector enabling it to influence policy, connect for collaborative strength and develop capacity.
The new VAC Chair will come in at a pivotal moment for the organisation as we embark on a new three-year strategy with a refreshed Board of Trustees, a growing membership and a highly committed staff and volunteer team. This is a stimulating opportunity for a candidate with voluntary sector leadership experience and an enthusiasm for Camden to lead VAC into this next key phase of its development.
The role of Chair is critical in:
- leading the VAC Board,
- shaping the strategy for VAC,
- supporting VAC staff and volunteers
- building partnerships and collaboration
- enabling VAC and its members to respond effectively to diversity
- delivering benefit to voluntary and community organisations throughout the Borough and VAC’s partners.
Julie Christie-Webb, the current Chair of VAC says: ”I truly believe that VAC is an essential part of Camden’s voluntary sector. It has been my privilege to chair the organisation for these last few years and especially through the challenge of the pandemic where VAC stepped up to enable the sector and the diverse communities it serves to survive the crisis. It plays a crucial role in creating a ‘rising tide that lifts all boats’ making best efforts to ensure that no-one in Camden is left behind.”
Julie will stand down on 22nd July 2021, and the new Chair will then take office.
Applications are particularly invited from individuals from under-represented groups.
The individual who is selected will have an induction programme and handover from the current Chair.
If you are interested in the role of Chair:
- please email Hilary Barnard at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the role descriptor and person specification for the post
- ask Kathy Elliott and Hilary Barnard for an informal discussion of what the role involves by writing to email@example.com
- provide a short statement of interest, a current cv and names and contact details of two referees to Hilary Barnard at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 00pm on 21st June 2021