The Camden Voluntary Action Forum is a place to bring together the sector to discuss, share and learn about issues, opportunities and challenges facing Camden residents and the community groups supporting them. It is open to any new or existing voluntary and community groups in Camden and is held fortnightly. It is currently held online during Covid restrictions.
Arising out of the COVID-19 crisis, the forum currently provides a chance to catch up with the latest situation in Camden and to share what you are doing in response to the current situation. It is our hope that the forum will provide an ongoing collaborative space for the sector beyond the current crisis.
Check the training calendar for details of the latest forum or contact Kevin for joining details: email@example.com
If you would like to be added to the mailing list please contact Ricky firstname.lastname@example.org
These sessions will be hosted on zoom. Ideally you will need a PC, laptop or tablet with camera or microphone but you can also join by telephone as well. Click on the link or use the meeting ID. You will also need the 4 digit password. Short guide to joining a zoom meeting.
Next Forum will be taking place on: Wed 15th September 2021 at 11am
Past Forum Updates / Presentations
- 21st July Voluntary Action Forum: Plans, Learning and Challenges Moving ForwardThis VAC forum was about the new reality – How have organisations Plans, Learning and Challenges moved forward?
- 16th June Voluntary Action Forum: Launch of the Google Grants SchemeAt this forum we made soft launch of our Google Grants scheme which is aimed giving grants to small organisations get back to doing there sessions in “real life” rather than online sessions.
- 19th May Voluntary Action Camden Forum: Manifesto for the Camden VCS – what does the sector need now?For this forum unfortunately there is no recording but the agenda is below, as well as the power point/s and attendee list. Bring your ideas about what the sector needs. We want to hear from you about what you need and hear from VAC about how we can develop membership voice and influence. Here are ...
- 24th March Voluntary Action Camden Forum: Lottery Fund Update, Evaluation Exchange, VAC Social Prescrbing Update & MoreRecording of this meeting password: 0i.*FU%A Participants list for this session here Voluntary Action Camden Forum Presentation Big Lottery Presentation VAC GAP analysis Care Navigation and Social Prescribing Service data Jan At this forum our agenda was the following: UCL Evaluation Exchange programme – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-evaluation-exchange-connecting-the-know-how-to-the-how-to-tickets-145521405441 If you have questions: email@example.com National Lottery Update Gaps in Provision (Data from VAC’s Care Nav / Social Prescribing From our ...
- 24th February Voluntary Action Camden Forum: New Health Inequalities Network & Funding for BAME OrgsRecording of this meeting Participants list for this session here Voluntary Action Camden Forum Presentation At this forum we spoke about a new fundraising support with BAME organisations in Camden and a new Health Inequalities Network We also broke up to small groups and discussed 3 question, below are some of the answers that were given: 1. What do you ...
- 20th January Voluntary Action Camden Forum: General VCS Updates and Latest Funding OpportunitiesThis forum was an opportunity to update the forum on your all doing as well as a briefing on a selection of the new funds that have launched in the new year as well as an update on the Thriving Communities initiative.
- 16th December Voluntary Action Camden Forum: Why Neighbourhoods MatterWhy Neighbourhoods Matter Recording of this meeting Participants list for this session here Aim: To look at the purpose of the neighbourhoods agenda and build the knowledge of the VCS Powerpoint 1 VAC Forum Powerpoint Powerpoint 2 Community Connectedness Powerpoint 3 Camden ICP Presentation Powerpoint 4 Social Care Neighbourhoods Useful Links : NHS Strategy – Integrating care: Next steps to building strong and effective integrated ...
- 18th November Voluntary Action Camden Forum: Overcoming Digital DivideOvercoming Digital Divide Recording of the meeting Passcode: tw^dgL9c Participant list for this session here For this months forum we looked into overcoming the digital divide. We know many have be working to help residents to get online and use technology, overall we found that the main issue is access to broadband. Resources and information mentioned in the workshop: West ...
- 21st October The Future of Food Projects in CamdenParcels to Participation: The Future of Food Projects in Camden Recording of the meeting – Password for recording = Y56C@e6C Powerpoint Presentation Resources and information mention in the workshop: Email – Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org for info about coop foodshare scheme and co-op stores’ community donations. Email – email@example.com – if you have any questions re Time to Spare Camden Covid information page – ...
- 23rd September Re-opening Community Buildings with Locality – Follow-up WorkshopRe-opening Community Buildings with Locality A Follow-up workshop with Locality Recording of the meeting – Password for recording = E8t#w+z1 Powerpoint Presentation Resources and information mention in the workshop: Details on where QR codes are mandatory https://www.gov.uk/government/news/venues-required-to-enforce-rule-of-6-nhs-qr-code-posters-and-contact-logs QR Poster – https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster For contact tracing: For visitors who don’t use the QR code you can use Time to Spare (www.timetospare.com) to log their ...
- Healthwatch: https://healthwatchcamden.co.uk/accessible-covid-19-information
- Furlough Go Platform to access furloughed staff who want to volunteer: http://furloughgo.com/
- If you have people who’d like to get involved in activities locally www.aspaceforus.club
- Camden Children Safeguarding Partnership: www.cscp.org.uk
- Volunteer Management Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camden Carers Art Video (Inside/Outside) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS9_ljH5zGQ