The Camden Voluntary Action Forum is a new online forum to bring together the sector to discuss, share and learn about issues, opportunities and challenges facing Camden residents and the community groups supporting them. It is open to any new or existing voluntary and community groups in Camden and is held fortnightly.
Arising out of the COVID-19 crisis, the forum currently provides a chance to catch up with the latest situation in Camden and to share what you are doing in response to the current situation. It is our hope that the forum will provide an ongoing collaborative space for the sector beyond the current crisis.
Check the training calendar for details of the latest forum or contact Kevin for joining details: firstname.lastname@example.org
These sessions will be hosted on zoom. Ideally you will need a PC, laptop or tablet with camera or microphone but you can also join by telephone as well. Click on the link or use the meeting ID. You will also need the 4 digit password. Short guide to joining a zoom meeting.
Past Forum Updates / Presentations
- 3rd June: Financial Impacts on the VCS SurveyThis forum focused on the financial impacts of the virus on the sector. Alex Charles from VAC presented the findings of VAC’s recent survey to the sector and the groups broke into breakout rooms on Zoom for a follow-up discussion.
- 20th May 2020: online vs. offline servicesUpdates from groups and a discussion on the blending of online and offline services.
- 6th May: Community Links updateThe session provided an opportunity for groups to catch up and Donna Turnbull form VAC presented an overview of how the social prescribing is supporting the response and is using valuable data to support response efforts in Camden.
- 22nd April 2020: Group updates and VCS needs during Covid-19This was the launch of the forum and was attended by more than 15 voluntary and community groups from across Camden. Groups had the opportunity to share their response to covid-19 and hear from others what was happening on the ground, challenges faced etc.
- Healthwatch: https://healthwatchcamden.co.uk/accessible-covid-19-information
- Furlough Go Platform to access furloughed staff who want to volunteer: http://furloughgo.com/
- If you have people who’d like to get involved in activities locally www.aspaceforus.club
- Camden Children Safeguarding Partnership: www.cscp.org.uk
- Volunteer Management Support: email@example.com
- Camden Carers Art Video (Inside/Outside) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS9_ljH5zGQ