VAC supports community groups in a number of ways. Below we have listed many of the areas we can help you with – whether you are just starting out or are already setup and need some advice on organisational development. If you can’t see what you need listed here, don’t worry, we can probably still help – and if we can’t we are well-placed to connect you with other sources of help and advice. Just get in touch using the details at the bottom of the page.
- Find sources of funding and discover new ways to generate income, including Crowdfunding and Social Finance.
- Improve fundraising skills and knowledge: we have a range of useful publications among st our toolkits and resources, including downloadable advice sheets.
- Develop fundraising strategies business planning, or writing funding applications or tender writing.
- Think more strategically about funding over the longer-term to create a more sustainable funding base for your activities. This includes: training and one-to-one advice on ‘Developing Fundraising Strategies’ and preparing fundraising plan and looking at sustainable funding approaches – advice and training on issues such as how to diversify your funding base.
Business & Strategic Planning
- Start-up support and business planning
- Income strategy and new business models
- Strategic development and delivery
- Cost efficiency and savings
- Understanding financial implications e.g. income and expenditure projections, assumptions, financial management, fundraising strategy, risk assessment etc
- Developing new products, services and ways of working
- Managing your assets
- Marketing and communications
- Strengthening infrastructure e.g. policies and procedures.
Employment & HR
- Contracts of Employment
- Employment status
- Health and Safety
- Job evaluation
- Part-time workers
- Finding and recruiting trustees
- Support for chairs
- Dealing with conflict
- Understanding legal obligations
ICT & Digital
General advice and guidance on
- Setting up a website
- Database development
- Setting up Office IT systems
Partnership & Consortia Building
- One to one support to you to develop the partnership or consortia model
- Support you in the key stages in setting up a partnership or consortia
- Developing partnership, consortia or collaborative working agreement
- Finding partners and linking up with Camden civil society networks
- Advice and training on implementing quality assurance systems
- Advice and training on monitoring and evaluation processes
- Developing outcome and impact measurement tools and supporting organisations to engage with outcome-based funding and commissioning opportunities
- Demonstrating added value from volunteering
- Calculating the organisation’s economic contribution to the community
Staff & Volunteer Development
- Training for staff and volunteers – including in-house, tailor-made training
- Team building – including negotiation and communication skills
- Accredited management training – including project management, organisational and strategic management courses
- Developing skills and adapting to change
- Organisational culture, innovating culture and leading change
How do we get help from VAC?
The fastest way to get support is to submit an enquiry via our Clearing House Web Enquiry Form. Alternatively you can contact us by phone, email or in person.
Tel: 020 7284 6553 (Typetalk: 18001-020 7284 6553)